First I’d like to introduce you to
my Work Tote. It is the same Bijou Lovely pattern I used for my Market Tote that I used in a swap at my guild in April. I’ve been using it everyday and I love it!
I made a sweet little zipper pouch for another swap at my guild. This one I created as a challenge. I chose some fabric that I normally would not use and tried to make something pretty. I am very pleased with the outcome. I used a pattern I have used before by Atkinson Designs.
I also had a WIP I finished
I started this pillow at the Riley Blake Fabric Fest in Vegas over a year ago. It was an improv piecing class exercise that needed a home. I put minky on the back and made my own gray piping for the edges. This is my first pillow so I am rather pleased.
There were also some Bee Blocks
These are polaroid blocks, they turned out so great I “almost” want to make a quilt out of these myself. HOWEVER, I did make on of those lists of how many projects I have on the books and…well…it’s time to work on what I’ve got and use up the fabric stash…I’m sure you understand (except that new quilt for my brother-in-law that’s not officially begun but has made it to the list even though the pattern and fabric have not been chosen…just one of those things that must be done and darn it that will mean more approved fabric shopping…darn).
The block on the left is for one of my bee mates, I liked it so much I made the one on the right for my modern sampler
You know the sampler for the Modern Quilt Along….the one I started and mysteriously dropped out of when I had other more pressing projects. Well, I think that I might just make random blocks for it every now and then until it’s done. So far I have these
I love the color palette however limiting. I know the color in this picture is off, the orange is really more cheddery like the pic of the two blocks above.
Lastly, I made some mug rugs
These were actually just for free motion quilting and binding practice. There just so pretty I wanted to add them in :-)By the way I highly recommend mug rugs for skill practice, it has made all the difference in my quilting adventures of the latest quilt.
The best news is I just attached the front of the binding for my Snowman Quilt (I still need a name for it). All I need to do is hand stitch the back down and wash it and it will be ready for pictures!
I hope you’re having a great day 🙂