Around March/April a quilty girlfriend and I decided that our other pregnant quilty friend needed a baby quilt…as one does. She found this free pattern on the Fat Quarter Shop website called Panda-Monium. We really just used it as a jumping off point. Their version has the center panda with the bamboo as pictured below.
First, we doubled the size…with some difficulty as quilty math is not our strong point.
Then we added some more bamboo on the sides and a bit of sky to the top and green foliage type material to the bottom.
Once completed I took the quilt to my local long arm shop and used some of my hours to quilt it up.
I basically did stippling in the bear parts and a swirly kind of windy design in the background… I also did leaves in the green foliage but I don’t have a good picture of that part.
In the end (around September) we have a rather largish baby quilt that Apollo approved.
We kept it a secret until our quilt guild meeting where we presented it to her and we got the happy cry. Success!