So last weeks sprouts that looked like this
Has now changed to this
Now you may be wondering what the big deal is but those six paper pieced flowers on top were none too easy to make (and I am a foundation piecing queen, one of my guild mates said so after my demo). Also, if you look carefully there are rows and rows of cream squares being added in between each stalk.
The flowers come from a book by Carol Doak (I would give you the title but it is on my bookshelf, conveniently located behind my make-shift design wall). In the book they were only 12″ wide and I needed 13.5″ so I went to my local Office Depot and had them enlarge it. No trouble, it was great! They look like this before
It was interesting, I have been making those teeny tiny foundation pieced cranes and yet I found these 13.5 inch foundation flowers harder to make. Really big wonky sized pieces are not to be discounted.
If I was really good I’d have this top together before my guild meeting on Sunday but me thinks that’s a little too ambitious, they may have to wait until it’s fully finished. Don’t think I won’t be passing around my phone to show off pictures though!