I am in the throws of finishing the rough draft of my last chapter for my dissertation (while I work full time) so time has been of the essence. Therefore…not getting a whole of sewing done. That being said I have taken some time out at the end of my day to sew while I hang with my hubby.
So here is my progress on the English Paper Piecing Project.
All of the stars are done! And I managed to add more of the red dot fabric as well.
Remember all those stars came from this one piece of fabric! That Sue Daley knows how to pick ’em (remember I started this project in her little wall hanging class at the Riley Blake Fabric Fest in Vegas last September, oh how I hope they do another one of those).
In the meantime I put all of the pieces out on my dining room table to see if it would be long enough.
Yup, looks good. However, I am thinking that when I finish the sides there will be an awful lot of that red polka dot fabric. I have a lot of the red left over so I am playing with the idea of adding a line of red fussy cut hexies along the sides. That would also make it wider.
I’ll have to see if I have enough fabric to fussy cut one or two different designs that would make the full length of the table runner.
We’ll see 🙂